5.31.2011

..the story..
(of an amazing engagement)


It started out like any other Saturday in the life of Tabi Hammer. My babe went out for his Saturday morning ride and I stayed back to sleep in. Little did I would be waking up in to a whole world. Broc called about 1ish to let me know he was done riding one of the best rides he’s had lately (he jumped a big double I guess) and that he was on his way home, had a few errands to take care of, and would be over soon to pick me up for the crazy adventures he had planned for us. 
First he took me go-carting, which is what we did for our very first date. The first race we did was against 3 boys who were about 13-15 years old. It was freaking awesome because I came in second place, I was super pumped. because the first time we had went I came in very last every time. While Broc and I waited for our second race (which turned out to be just us two) we reminisced about our first date, and talked of how’ve come so far. It’s amazing that within 4 short months we’ve had so many different experiences together, including the best part - falling in love.
Second activity Broc had planned for us was to get some sandwiches, take his dirt bike up to the Bountiful ‘B’, and watch the sunset from the top (well as far as we could go without hitting snow). But as we got home from go-carting it started to sprinkle rain, and it was pretty darn cold. So we layered ourselves up, packed a backpack with raincoats and sandwiches, and headed up to our destination. So we helmeted up, and Broc put me with the backpack on the back of his bike and we started our journey up the mountain.
It was raining lightly, and the wind from riding on the bike made it seem way colder. But that didn’t stop our fun any. I was smiling and laughing the whole way up. Little did I know that I was about to start another chapter in my life here. 
Finally we made it up to the camping grounds where we were going to stop and eat our lunch. We parked our bike and took shade from the rain under a group of skinny, leafless trees. Broc started digging through the backpack, and handed me the sandwiches, and offered me a raincoat, which I declined. He then threw the raincoats in the dirt and still proceeded to dig through, what I thought was an empty backpack. Confused by what he was doing, I just watched. Suddenly he got on one knee and pulled out a little black jewelry box. I was so taken back and so surprised. He told me that he loved me and that he wanted to spend his life with me and asked if I would marry him. Of course I said YES!! I couldn’t have been happier, and that’s when the smile started. We stood in the rain as Broc ate his sandwich, I was way too excited to eat mine. We flew down the mountain, I was still just smiling even though I was wet and cold. 

No comments: